The Great War: Western Front - Victory Edition
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Falkland Islands
- French Guiana
- Puerto Rico
- South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent & Grenadines
About the game
Choose a faction and lead your forces to victory as you lead your armies into dark real-time battles and make high-level decisions in strategic, turn-based gameplay. Dig detailed trenches, research new technologies like poison gas and tanks, and make decisions that will have a deep and lasting effect on your success. Think like a commander to relive history...or redefine it.
- Dual Commander - Uncover unparalleled levels of strategic choice as you play the roles of theater commander and field commander. As a theater commander, experience grand and fascinating turn-based strategy as you mobilize your armies, conduct research and decide how to deploy your resources on the Western Front in a narrowly won war. Plus, take on the role of the field commander in dynamic real-time battles and direct units to outrun the opposition, build trenches and deliver direct attacks as you send your infantry to the limit. Choose your battles and fight to change the course of history.
- A living world - Battlegrounds are persistent, and as you advance the Western Front, you'll revisit old battlegrounds that still bear the scars and destruction of past encounters. Artillery bombardments leave behind craters, tanks, guns and trenches that desolate France's once luxurious countryside. Also, any trenches (or fortifications) you build remain in play if you go back. Climate change is also important. As months and skirmishes pass, you will see changes such as snow and rain, which will affect your artillery performance and unit movement. To ensure victory, you'll need to carefully think through your strategy under these conditions.
- Historical Authenticity - Venture into a historical strategy game that authentically captures the gravity and intensity of the Great War. In partnership with the Imperial War Museum in London, it was possible to faithfully portray these crucial moments in history. Choose infantry, guns, artillery and tanks true to those of the era and step into the mind of a World War I commander as you create tactics and send your army to the Western Front.
- Choose a Side - Play as the Allied Nations or the Central Powers as you make tactical and strategic decisions to win both on the battlefield and in the theater of war as a whole. Both factions have unique abilities and playstyles for you to discover and put into practice.
- Unlimited replayability - No two games are the same as your decisions big or small change the outcome of the war. Introduce new military technologies to the conflict depending on how your tech tree advances, or change pivotal moments in history to alter the outcome of the war. Play in four deep and immersive modes. Experience the drama of World War I in Campaign, relive iconic moments in Historic Battles, create your own battles in Confrontation, or test your strategies against opponents in the memorable Multiplayer mode. Your journey in this fascinating conflict is yours alone.